Licensed for all classes of cover
Guardrisk offers its clients custom designed cover and is registered in South Africa as an insurer for all statutory classes of short-term and life insurance business.
Through their equity participation (cell ownership) in Guardrisk, clients have access to a wide range of benefits previously enjoyed only by insurers:
- the cell's underwriting profits
- the cell's investment income, less our investment fee
- decreased administration costs
- access to capital and wholesale markets
- access to reinsurance markets
- access to international risk financing facilities
- increased corporate governance
Prudent risk management
Because the profitability of the cell is directly related to the level of claims, the client has a real financial incentive to manage the risks written through the cell. This inevitably results in more prudent risk management programmes and principles.